Traffic Committee, Barron Park (Neighborhood) Association
Committee Chair: John King
Alternate Contact: Doug Moran
- Resurfacing 2005 : not yet determined
- Traffic Calming (reducing speeding)
- Safety and Enforcement
(additional Enforcement information below)
- Speeding (especially on major streets)
- Stoplights on El Camino
- Part of monthly meeting between representatives of the BPA
and of the Palo Alto Police Department.
- Enhance safety
- Drainage (curbs and gutters)
- Street trees
trees are often interrelated to other design and safety issues
- Maintenance and Repairs
- Traffic Flow (especially related to the schools)
Active Issues / Current Problems
- Lobbying of city
- Traffic study of southwest Palo Alto,
including El Camino south of Page Mill and Charleston/Arastradero.
- Future: the grade separation for Meadow and Charleston
needs to be on the books soon
since it will take 15 to 20 years to complete.
- Street improvements related to Barron Park Elementary School
- BPES PTA Traffic safety representative needed: "Job description"
- This issues are part of the South Palo Alto Safe Routes to Schools
program sponsored by the City and the School District.
- Traffic Circulation to Barron Park Elementary School
- Safety for children walking to Barron Park Elementary School,
especially those coming from the Ventura neighborhood.
Primary routes (dictated by traffic lights on El Camino)
Both these streets are very "unfriendly" to pedestrians
and bicyclists in the sections near El Camino.
- Matadero (El Camino to Whitsell)
- Enumeration of issues: presented to joint City/School District Committee
- Safety for children coming from within the Barron Park neighborhood
Less problems: please help identify
- Improved marking on curve on Barron
(drivers underestimate how sharp the curve is and go too fast)
- Improved safety of Kendall-La Donna corner
- Add pedestrian walkway on north side of Matadero at the bridge
Version Info: $Revision: 1.37 $ $Date: 2004/10/07 02:10:23 $