Barron Park (Neighborhood) Association
Caveat: This list was constructed in late 1999,
so some of the earlier surveys may be missing.
Index - reverse chronological
Scrolls this page to have items at top of window.
it will not scroll bottom of page above bottom of window.
- General Survey, Spring 2004: not conducted. There were not enough new questions to justify.
- General Survey, Spring 2003: not conducted. There were not enough new questions to justify.
- General Survey, Spring 2002
- Bol Park Renovations, Fall 2001
- General Survey, Spring 2001
- Seniors Survey, Spring 2001
- General Survey, Spring 2000: not (yet?) available: misplaced?
- Alma Plaza
- General Survey, Spring 1999
- General Survey, December 1997
- Revegetation of Bol Park, December 1996
- "Monster Houses", November 1996
- Play Structures in Neighborhood Parks, Summer 1996
- Surveys earlier than 1996 are not available online.
- bottom of page
Surveys: conducted by City or other agencies
- Fall 2001: Bol Park Renovations: Questions and Responses : conducted and compiled by Kate Rooney, Parks Department, City of Palo Alto.
Surveys: Barron Park Residents
Typically included in the issue of BPA Newsletter
that is sent to all residents of the neighborhood
(in 1998, this switch from the Winter issue to the Spring issue,
creating an appearance that no survey was done in 1998).
Surveys: BPA Members only
Typically sent in issue of BPA Newsletter other than the Winter issue,
or sent as a special mailing.
- November 1996: Survey on "Monster Houses"
(ones that could be deemed inappropriately large for their lots):
Questions and results
This survey was distributed by US mail to BPA members only.
This was at the beginning of the City's consideration of
restrictions on changes to "historic houses."
and the BPA Board
and many others in southern Palo Alto
were concerned that the potential restrictions
(interim and permanent)
would simply shift the problem from one neighborhood to another.
If the City was persuaded to take a broader view of the problem,
the BPA Board wanted to have a good sample of neighborhood
opinion to present to the City.
- Summer 1996: Play Structures in Neighborhood Parks:
Summary of results
Version Info: $Revision: 1.17 $ $Date: 2003/06/15 06:07:00 $